Closetline™ Fixed Chassis Water Source Heat Pumps
Closetline™ Water Source Heat Pumps are a highly efficient way to provide quiet, comfortable cooling and heating in the convenience of a single package.
Our units are economical because they reduce time, material and labor requirements during installation.
Units arrive fully assembled with factory-installed piping packages and controls. A small footprint allows the units to be tucked into ceilings or closets – without the need for large mechanical rooms.
Among the other noteworthy performance characteristics of our Closetline Fixed Chassis Water Source Heat Pumps include:
- EERs that exceed ASHRAE 90.1 standards, making these units perfect for LEED projects and rebate opportunities.
- Compact cabinet design eliminates the need for large mechanical rooms.
- The use of EC motors make the Closetline a perfect fit for LEED projects and rebate opportunities.
- Typical applications include apartment buildings, condos, office towers, hotels, motels, senior living facilities and other multi-unit living facilities, plus school and dormitories. They are the Ideal solution for both new construction and retrofit projects where saving space is a key factor.
- How It Works
- Technical Data
Water source heat pumps from The Whalen Company incorporate the latest technology to offer some of the highest efficiency products that are available in the market today. Every unit is constructed with important "value-added" features that ultimately give the Closetline™ units more flexibility and a lower lifecycle cost.
Closetline™ Water Source Heat Pumps are available in eight sizes ranging from 1.5 ton to 5 ton.
- All units operate with environmentally friendly R-410A refrigerant
- Cabinets lined with thermal and acoustic insulation and treated with an anti-microbial agent
- Non-corrosive thermoplastic condensate pan, sloped for positive drainage
- High and low pressure service ports
- Refrigerant filter-drier and discharge muffler
- Coaxial water-to-refrigerant heat exchanger
- Heat exchanger available in copper or cupronickle
- Digital control module (DCM)
- Large removable panels for easy service access
In the heating mode (Figure 1), hot refrigerant flows through the air coil. The heat pump supplies warm air to the conditioned space. The heat added to the room air is removed from the water flowing through the coil, plus rejected compressor heat.
In the cooling mode (Figure 2), cold refrigerant flows through the air coil. The heat pump supplies cool air to the conditioned space. The heat removed from the room air is transferred to the water flowing through the water coil.
Closetline™ Horizontal Water Source Heat Pump
Closetline™ Vertical Water Source Heat Pump